CIT athletic club are delighted to announce that Ray Treacy will be providing answers to the questions posed by the future of Irish athletics next Thursday evening, December 10th, at 6pm in the Studio Room in CIT’s new GAA stand. Treacy, currently in his 26th season overseeing Track and Cross Country operations at Providence College, Rhode Island, is currently in Ireland to guide his charges, Mary Cullen, Breffni Twohig and Charlotte Ffrench-O’ Carroll to international success at this weekend’s European Cross Country Championships in Dublin.
It would take many pages to outline Treacy’s coaching successes over these 26 years but the following statistics serve to underscore his coaching acumen
· 2008 North East Region Women’s Cross Country Coach of the year.
· 21 consecutive NCAA Division 1 Cross Country Women’s Team appearances which is the longest appearance streak in NCAA history.
· 1995 NCAA Division 1 Women’s Cross Country champions with Treacy crowned NCAA Division 1 Womens Cross Country Coach of the year.
· Coach to the 1991 4 × 1500m Women’s world record team
· Coach to 134 All Americans
· Coach to 11 NCAA individual champions
· Coach to 13 olympians including Mark Carroll, Sinead Delahunty, Kim Smyth, Rosin McGettigan, Maria Mc Mahon (Davenport) and Martin Fagan
Entry to this session is free of charge and refreshments will be provided.