[Page updated: August 2018]
Sprint action with Arthur Zebo.
Interested in joining Leevale? We cater for senior and junior athletes (men & women), as well as juveniles (boys & girls) aged 7 and older. Many disciplines are covered, including sprints, throwing events, jumps, road and cross-country running.
For juveniles (U7-19):
- Call down to one of our training sessions at CIT track on Tuesday\Thursday evenings, or on Saturday mornings (see training times)
- Talk to any of the coaches or just watch the sessions to see how they work. See what is involved in the different events, from distance running to high jump, sprinting to throws.
- Juveniles will need to join the club before they can train at the track or compete for the club.
- If you would like the join the club, the easiest way is online. You can also download and complete our membership form and return it to any of the club coaches or officials.
- Once you are registered, one of the coaches will be able to find a suitable group to join in with.
- As a club member, you will be registered with Athletics Ireland and will be able to compete for the club at athletics events countrywide.
For seniors\juniors (18+):
- Call down to one of our training sessions at the Mardyke or CIT track on Tuesday\Thursday evenings (see training times)
- For distance running (track, road, cross-country), talk to Donie Walsh at the Mardyke or Tony Shine at CIT.
- For sprinting, talk to John Sheehan at the Mardyke.
- To find out what coaching is available for technical events (throws, jumps etc.), ask Club Coach, Tony Shine, at CIT.
- You can easily join the club online, or alternatively by downloading and completing our membership form and returning it to any of the club coaches or officials.
You can also contact the club online at any time.
The easiest way to become a member or to renew membership is online. Online payments are securely handled and without any additional fees.
If you are unable to use the online payment system, the membership fee can be returned to any club officer or coach. The fees for each type of membership are listed in the membership form. New members must complete this form and return to a club officer or coach along with the appropriate fee.
The membership fee includes:
- Rental of track and other training facilities
- Entry to all AAI championship events
- AAI registration
- AAI insurance
- Subsidised travel to some events