Our website accepts information from both club members and non-members in the following areas:
- Online club membership form. See Section 1
- Purchases through our online shop, including gear, memberships, gym fobs, Leevale T&F entries. See Section 2
- Registering an account on our site. See Section 3
- Contact form. See Section 4
- Internal entry system for Leevale athletes for upcoming events. See Section 5
- Website comments. See Section 6
- Subscription to email notifications. See Section 7
- Subscription to SMS notifications. See Section 8
- Registration for Leevale Summer Camp. See Section 9
- Purchase of fob for High-Performance Centre. See Section 10
You may also provide data to the club on paper forms, or verbally for the following:
The following sections detail for each of the areas mentioned above, how the data you provide will be handled by the club.
1. Club membership form (online or paper): Leevale AC is affiliated to the Athletic Association of Ireland (Athletics Ireland, AAI). Athletics Ireland is the governing body for the sport of Athletics in Ireland, is affiliated to the European Athletic Association (EAA) and is the Member Federation for Ireland of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) the world governing body for the sport.
- What data we will collect: on becoming a member, the club will need to collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, names of the Athletics Ireland affiliated clubs that you are a member of and details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold (all referred to as Athletics Data). We will also collect the full name and telephone number of the emergency contact(s) nominated by you, as well as details of injuries or medical conditions as provided by you. You may also choose to provide us with other information.
- Why we will collect it: we will collect and process your Athletics Data for the purposes of registering you as a member of Athletics Ireland and administering your involvement in the sport. We will process it on the basis of legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are the interests of registering you as a member and to administer the sport. We will only use your Athletics Data for the purposes of registering and administering your involvement in the sport. You can opt out at any time either by notifying us.
- Guidance on how long this club we will keep your data: we will retain your Athletics Data for such time as you are an athlete registered with us and will then delete your information on a staged basis as follows:
- Name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, names of the Athletics Ireland affiliated clubs that you are a member of and details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold: three years after an individual has last renewed their membership with the club.
- Data on any injuries, medical conditions etc as provided by you to the club: one year or on the receipt of a new club annual membership form.
- Membership forms: three years in line with association membership bye laws.
- Vetting data, ID forms and application forms: four years after the receipt of a vetting application on its expiry
- Competition results: indefinite as a record of competition results.
- Sharing your data: we may share your Athletics Data with other athletics clubs for the purposes of competition and event participation. We may share your Athletics Data with athletics partners such as Athletics Ireland, Munster Athletics, Cork Athletics and third-party data managers that we appoint as data processors as part of administering your involvement in sport. We will not transfer your data to any other third parties without obtaining your consent and, where possible, will anonymise your data before sharing. We will not share any other personal data you provide to us that is not Athletics Data.
3. Website accounts: An optional feature of the Leevale website is the ability to create a website account. It is possible to create an account when making online purchases (see Section 2, “Online purchases”), or when registering for email notifications (see Section 7, “Email notifications”), though it is not a requirement for either feature. Accounts may also be created by visiting the Your account page, and existing accounts can also be managed at this link. Accounts may hold any of the following information, all of which is optional: name, email address, phone number, billing address and shipping addres for use when making online purchases, other contact information such as website address or social media accounts. This information is stored in the website database and will not be shared or accessed by any parties other than the user and the website administrators. You can request deletion of your account at any time by contacting email@example.com. You can also request a summary of all data stored in the website database associated with your email address, or the deletion of this data, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you experience any difficulty with managing your user account please contact email@example.com
4. Website contact form: The Leevale website’s Contact Form can be used to contact club officials. Using this form simply sends an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email will contain your name, email address, message subject and message text as provided on the form. No information will be stored on the website itself. The email may be forwarded to other club officials as necessary to deal with your query. Emails will not be forwarded to any third parties and emails will be deleted once your query has been resolved. You can request deletion of all emails at any time by contacting email@example.com
5. Online entry system for Leevale athletes: During the athletics season, online entry forms will be posted on the Leevale website to allow Leevale athletes register their interst in comepeting in upcoming events. The information provided by the athlete is handled in the same manner as for the Contact Form (see Section 4, “Website contact form”). The information contained in the email will contain the following athlete details: name, email address, DOB, AAI registration number, Phone number, PB\SB, and event(s). The information may be cross-referenced with our membership database (see Section 1, “Club membership form”) to obtain additional or omitted details. Entry details will be sent to the relevant competition organiser, typically Athletics Ireland, Munster Athletics, Cork Athletics. Emails will be deleted by Leevale officials promptly after the date of competition. You can request deletion of all emails at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Website comments: The Leevale website provides the ability for users to comment on posts, events, and other material. These comments will be published once they are approved by the website administrator. Once published, comments will not normally be deleted. When adding a comment, you may be asked to provide your name and email address. If you are logged in to your website account (see Section 3, “Website accounts”), your name and email address will instead be automatically taken from your account details stored on the website. Your name and email address will be published alongside your comment once approved. When commenting, your IP address is also logged, but this will not be published. You can request deletion of any comments you have added by contacting email@example.com. You can also request a summary of all data stored in the website database associated with your email address, or the deletion of this data, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Email notifications: You can opt to receive email notifications whenever new material is posted to the Leevale website. This can be done at the Email Notifications page, where you can register for the service with your website account or by creating a new account (see Section 3, “Website accounts”), or without an account by simply providing an email address. Where an account is used, your data is handled as described in Section 3, “Website account”. In the case where an email address is registered without an account, this email address is stored in the website database without any associated personal information. You can unsubscribe at any time at the Email Notifications page. If you experience any difficulty with subscribing or unsubscribing, or with managing your user account please contact email@example.com
8. SMS notifications: Text messaging alert system not currently in operation.
9. Leevale Summer Camp: When registering for the Leevale Summer Camp online, the information and conditions in Section 2 (“Online purchases”) apply as standard. In addition, we will gather the following information during the registration process: for each child attending the camp, name, DOB, information on illnesses\allergies, as well as guardian name and contact phone number. This information will be retained for 2 years as standard, similar to other online purchases. See Section 2 for details. At the summer camp itself, photos may be taken for publication on the Leevale website. No details on the children appearing in the photos will be published.
Complaints: If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how the club collects and/or processes your personal data, you should contact your Club Data Protection Officer in the first instance.
If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by this club you have the right to report your concern/complaint to Data Protection Commissioner (www.dataprotection.ie).