With less than 24 hours to go to the start of the Leevale 2012 T&F Meet it looks like there will be up to 250 athletes from all around the country competing in the senior\junior events. This is a huge entry, the biggest ever for the meet. Many thanks to all those who have entered online. Entries on the day will cost an additional €5.
Excitement is also building ahead of the juvenile events on Sunday. Many clubs from Munster and further afield have committed to sending bus-loads of athletes. Good competition and a fun day out is guaranteed for all!
- The Irish Hurdlers Blog has a good preview of the senior hurdles events
- Live results for the senior events should be available during the day tomorrow here. Full results will be posted tomorrow evening. Results should also be available on screens near the track tomorrow.
- The weather forecast for both Saturday and Sunday is for cool, bright conditions with fewer showers than recent days. Here’s hoping!
- The hammer events will get underway tomorrow at 10:30 am, following by the remainder of the programme at 11:45.
- For those not familiar with Cork: Directions to CIT
The track events have seen the largest entries, with the sprints, 1500m\mile, and men’s 3K looking like having the most competitive fields. The women’s 1500m is shaping up to be a highly competitive affair, with European Junior 1500m silver-medallist Ciara Mageean this week confirming her participation. The race will also feature pacemakers to ensure a quick tempo. Leevale’s Mark Hanrahan will be one of a number of athletes going in the men’s mile, hoping for a time close to the 4-minute target, or, if the conditions are just right, even under it. This would be a first for the Leevale meet and the CIT track.
The men’s 400m hurdles also promises to be a top-quality race. A full field features Thomas Barr and Tim Crowe who will both be chasing times. A preview of the hurdle events is available on the Irish Hurdlers Blog. There are massive fields in both the men’s and women’s 100m-400m, including most of the top sprinters from around the country. There will be several graded finals in the 200m and 400m events.
Senior athletes, please note the following:
- New entries on the day will be charged €5.
- Athlete check-in is on the stand side of the track, near the start\finish area. Results will also be displayed in this area.
- When checking in please confirm the events you will be competing in. If you are not competing in one of the events you have entered in, please state this when you are checking in. This will allow your lane\place to be used by another athlete.
- Check-in closes one hour before each event i.e. you must collect your number at least one hour before the first event you will be competing in. Otherwise you may not be included in the lane draw!
- There will be heats\finals in the 100m. The winner of each heat will qualify for the final as well as fastest runners-up. There may be an A and a B final where there is demand for it.
- All other events will be run as finals. Finals will be graded where necessary. Overall results will be based on times.
- The programme will get underway, on time, at 11:45 am. The hammer events will get underway beforehand, at 10:30 am
- Best of luck to all competing at Leevale 2012!