A number of Leevale athetes have been selecetd for the AAI Regional Performance Squad for 2013/2014. The regional performance squad sessions will provide an opportunity for athletes to move their athletics career to the next level, getting closer to achieving standards for major championships at youth and junior levels. The performance squad is designed to complement the coaching the athlete already receives at your club and their personal coach.
|Jayne Pennefather||Sprint Hurdles||Leevale|
|Marie O Halloran||Sprint Hurdles||Leevale|
|Emma O Brien||100m/200m||Leevale|
Each athlete will be asked to pay €25 in total for the squad sessions to help cover some of the costs involved. All athletes selected must now go online to https://events.athleticsireland.ie/ps/event/MunsterPerformanceSquad12 and register/confirm their place on the squad. This link is live on the AAI website now and will close on Friday 22nd November. This link can also be accessed through the online application system in the coach education section of the AAI website. When filling in the online form please make sure you fill in all details. If for some reason they are not taking up their place on the squad, please contact Steven Macklin ASAP at 0876335565 or e-mail email@example.com so the next athlete in line can be selected. Failure to do this may jeopardise future selection on squads. Full details of the squad have been sent to all clubs and are available at www.athleticsireland.ie in the development section and at www.munsterathletics.com.
The package for the athlete & personal coach is as follows:
- Expert Coaching in conjunction with personal coach
- AAI Performance Squad Hoody or T Shirt (This is funding dependant from head office)
- Personal Coach has access to continual professional development opportunity liaising with head event coach
- Option of more training sessions with event coach in between organised squad days
- Handouts on various aspects specific to your event
The Squad Sessions for the Munster Performance Squad are:
- Saturday November 30th Cork IT 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Sunday February 1 Nenagh 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Sunday March 9th UL 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Sunday April 13th Cork IT 10.00am to 2.00pm