This weekend the Leevale masters were in action.
On the international stage Pat Moore traveled to represent Leevale at the British Masters on Saturday. Conditions were tricky and competitors had to deal with difficult throwing winds. Pat triumphed and claimed first place in the javelin. A great way to follow up from the National League win.
British Masters results (Pat’s javelin on p33)
On Sunday the Leevale Masters traveled to Tullamore for the National GloHealth Masters Track and Field Championships. There were many great performances on the day, including the mid-afternoon amateur race to shelter from a tremendous downpour and lightning storm.
On the track:
- John Corr (M2) won the 100m and 200m.
- Finbar O’Dwyer (M2) placed fourth in the 1500m and 7th in the 800m.
- John Collins (M5) finished 3rd in his 5000m.
In the field :
- Pat Moore (M7) continued his great run of form to finish first in the javelin and second in both the shot and discus.
- Brian Hayes won the hammer, was second in the javelin and claimed third places in the discus, Shot and 56WfD.