The World T&F Championships will get underway next Saturday 22nd August and continue until the 30th of August. Athletics Ireland are sending a strong team to Beijing and there will be two Leevale athletes travelling. Alex Wright has qualified for both the 20K and 50K race walk, and Michelle Finn will be competing in the 3K steeplechase.
Because of the time difference to Beijing, many of the events take place in the late night\early morning Irish time. Alex’s 20K will take place at 01:30 am Irish time on Sunday 23 Aug, and the 50K will be at 00:30 am on the 29th. Michelle will go in the heats of the 3K steeplechase 2:45 am Irish time on Monday 24 Aug.
Best of luck to both Leevale athletes and to the Irish team in Beijing!
- Thomas Barr (Ferrybank) 400m Hurdles
- Mark English (UCD) 800m
- Kerry O’Flaherty (Newcastle), 3,000m steeplechase
- Michelle Finn (Leevale) 3,000m steeplechase
- Sara Treacy (Dunboyne) 3,000m steeplechase
- Tori Pena (Finn Valley) Pole Vault
- Alex Wright (Leevale) 20km/50km Race Walk
- Robert Heffernan (Togher) 50km Race Walk
- Brendan Boyce (Letterkenny) 50km Race Walk
- Kelly Proper (Ferrybank) 200m
- Ciara Everard (UCD) 800m
- Ben Reynolds (North Down) 110m hurdles
- 4x400m relay (Thomas Barr, Mark English, Brian Gregan, Brian Murphy, Richard Morrissey (both Crusaders), Timmy Crowe (Clonliffe Harriers)