Lizzie Takes The Honours At Sonia O’Sullivan Cobh 10 mile

The sun shone for the Sonia O’Sullivan 10 mile road race today in Cobh. Lizzie Lee was the first women home in an impressive time of 58:28, she was followed for fellow Leevale athlete Jill Hodgins in 1:00:44.  

This tops off a nice week for Lizzie & her club mate Claire McCarthy who have been selected for the European Championships Marathon, which is taking place in Berlin, Germany from the 7th – 12th August 2018. 

Jonathan Murphy was the first Leevale man home in a 57:09. 

1    Mick CLOHISEY    00:49:22 1    M (1)    MS (1)    Raheny Shamrock AC
2    Colin MERRITT    00:54:16 2    M (2)    MS (2)   
3    Jonathan MURPHY    00:57:09 1128    M (3)    MS (3)    Leevale AC
6    Lizzie LEE    00:58:28 4    F (1)    FS (1)    Leevale AC
9    Jill HODGINS    01:00:44 3    F (2)    F40 (1)    Leevale AC
30    Ann Marie HOLLAND    01:06:14    826    F (3)    F40 (2)    Youghal AC

Full results here

The organisers would just like to remind everyone that 75% of all money raised from race entries is going to the Irish Cancer Society and the remaining 25% is going to the continued development of Ballymore Cobh A.C.’s facilities.