Five Leevale athletes, Charlie O’Donovan, Lizzie Lee, Louise Shanahan, Dylan Hasset and Michelle Finn have been invited to form part of an AAI Endurance Project squad. The selected athletes will be invited to training camps, workshops, and receive communication around athlete education. The aims of the project are to:
- Improve the performance and retention of Irish endurance athletes with a focus on supporting the transition from junior athlete into successful senior.
- Provide collective training and athlete/coach education opportunities in key areas of athlete development.
- Provide communication channels and a more connected endurance performance athlete community.
- Contribute to the overall HP strategy
- Ultimately increase the number of athletes capable of competing at the highest level and delivering individual, or team medals, at Global and European Championships.