We are actively monitoring Storm Hannah, due to land this afternoon. It looks like this will blow though over night and Leevale Sports will proceed as planned on Saturday. Watch this space for more information. Remember all sprints will be wind assisted.
With just hours to go to the Leevale Senior T&F Meet the excitement is building ahead of what should be a great day of athletics. The stormy weather on Friday night and Saturday morning should have cleared well before the start of the programme. The sprints and sprint hurdles will be run with the wind, no matter what the weather!
Some last-minute information on Saturday’s event:
- Online entry will remain open until Saturday morning
- The programme of events will begin on time with field events starting with the hammer at 11am, and the sprint hurdles getting the track action underway at 12:30pm. Programme
- For those travelling to Cork for the meet, CIT track is in Bishopstown, on the western suburbs of the city. Directions
- Athlete check-in will be at the window of the red-brick building near the finish-line at the stand side of the track. All athletes must check in to get a competition number. Check-in closes 1 hour before each event. If you are not checked in you may not be allocated a lane\place in the event!
- If you need to pull out of an event you are entered for, please let us know at the check-in desk at any time; your lane\place can then be used by another athlete
- There will be live results available at the following link throughout the day. There will also be live tweets on the Leevale home page and results will also be posted in the stand
Best of luck to everyone competing at Leevale 2019 T&F!
This year, entry fees are payable by athletes entering the meet online. There will be no admission fees at the gate.