The Government has decided that from Tuesday 1st December the nation will revert to Level 3. While all competition remains suspended, junior and senior athletes will return to outdoor training in pods of 15 on Tuesday evening. Junior & Senior athletes will return to UCC track, while juvenile athlete training will revert to CIT.
The HPC will reopen for individual training only, indoor group sessions remain suspended. Athletes who wish to the use the HPC must use the online booking system and can only enter and use the HPC facility if they have pre-booked a session.
Coaches and athletes must adhere Covid guidelines.
- Only people core to your session can be in attendance.
- Athletes should arrive and leave as close as possible to when you need to be there.
- Only one parent/guardian should accompany younger athletes where possible and should remain outside.
- Athletes should arrive ready to train as changing room access will not be possible.
- Athletes and coaches should wash their hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer when available, before and as soon as possible after the training session.
- Athletes should carry a bottle of hand sanitizer and antiseptic wipes at all times.
- Limit the use of coaching equipment such as cones.
- Don’t let the athletes handle any coaching equipment if possible. The coach should pick up any equipment used eg cones.
- Be aware of what surfaces you or your athlete(s) touch and if you touch the equipment such as hurdles, cones, rakes etc. you must clean these before you leave. Coaches should have disposable disinfectant wipes at all times.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times including when giving feedback and while athletes are resting.
- When training finishes athletes must leave the club promptly.
- If coaches witness poor practice it should be addressed immediately in a polite fashion and ongoing disregard for protocols should be reported to the club as soon as possible.
- A record of each training session must be maintained and submitted to the Covid officer.
- The booking system limits the maximum number of bookings to 5 people per hour.
- All booking slots are one hour.
- One booking per athlete is required. Single bookings for multiple athletes are not permitted.
- The name you provide in the booking form will be displayed on the public calendar. No other information, e.g. email address, phone number, will be displayed
- Athletes must bring their own disinfectant wipes and clean all equipment prior to and after use.
- Take all rubbish home.
Welcome back everyone, keep your distance and stay safe.