Subject to the prevailing public health situation juvenile training will be allowed to recommence training from April 26th. Based on this guidance Leevale AC is preparing for a return of juvenile training on Tuesday April 27th, using both UCC and MTU (formerly CIT) tracks.
Athletes must have contact with their coach before returning to training to verify training location, training time and designated meeting area.
Rules for returning athletes and parents/guardians:
- Parents/guardians of U8-U12’s dropping athletes to the gate of the track and collecting them after training are required to wear a face mask when doing so.
U13s up: Athletes are requested to remain in their cars until called onto track by the coach through the group communication.
- U13s up: All athletes are required to wear a face mask when entering and leaving the track.
No parents are permitted inside the gate to the track area.
- Per current guidelines, groups must be restricted to pods of 15 athletes (including the coach). Athletes must remain in their assigned groups.
- Only athletes fully registered with Leevale AC for 2021 are permitted to return to training.
- All athletes must bring hand sanitiser and antibacterial wipes and use before after and during each session.
- Social distancing must me maintained at all times.
New members: please note that due to Covid restrictions we have temporarily closed new juvenile membership. If you are interested in joining the club please complete the online application form to be placed on a waiting list. You will be contacted once a space becomes available on a first come first serve basis.
Senior Athletes: Structured senior training remains suspended at this time, we hope that senior athletes can return to the track in the near future, in the meantime senior athletes should continue to work with their coaches for individual training programmes.
High Performance Centre: The HPC remains closed with exemptions for Elite Performance Athletes who have furnished a letter from their federation.